1. “You don’t need to be good at writing to be a copywriter.”
? Umm…you kinda do. Yes, a lot of it involves psychology, research and data…but you still need to know how to write well!
2. “You can easily make 6 figures a year as a copywriter.”
? Yes, it’s 100% possible. But NOT EASY. Anyone who tells you it’s a walk in the park is trying to sell you their online course/product/mastermind.
3. “Copywriters, content marketers, content writers, same thing!”
? Nope, 3 completely different jobs. Please research before hiring!
4. “Qualified copywriters need a uni degree/certification/training”
? Nope. Some of the best copywriters in the world got there by working their butts off and honing their craft.
5. “Copywriting is so easy. It’s “just writing”
? Nope. It’s not “just writing” and not everyone can do it! You also need amazing research skills, marketing & sales know-how, creativity, strong problem solving skills and more!
What other copywriting myths have you heard? ⬇️